The Boudoir Wall Treatment 4!!

$50
4 Weeks

So I’m thinking I should have called this the “what the heck did you do to the walls!!” Treatment... the reactions I’ve been getting are mixed ...some people love and other people aren’t too sure. BUT I AM in LOVE with it, no matter what!!
the boudoir wall treatment 4
First, i really wanted something different and while looking for inspiration on line, I found this pic! I would love to give credit to the talented artist but I CANNOT find the source to save my life!! All I know is her first name is Lisa...this awesome wall made me draw my breath and I knew that had to create my own version of it!! But first take a look at the beginning...
Here is what it looked like...
the boudoir wall treatment 4
Plain, no color no pizazz...
and here is the after!!!!
Completing this project was so much fun, mainly because I made up the rules as I went.. i did a little research and just dove in!!
I started with a sponge roller, applying a deep blue...in a haphazard, no pattern manner...i knew I would have to layer my mediums so I then applied gold leaf across the top of the wall...
I then began blending and layering between white a lighter shade of blue and a little grey...the more I blended the prettier it became...
i experimented with a new type of paint for me.. it’s actually a powder pigment that you mix with any water based medium...I used Mod Podge and began mixing the three shades of gold/yellow/orange colors up..
As it dried, it actually got darker than I wanted, so back to layering the blue/white/grey...
and some more gold leaf... the result was a beautiful blending that ended up a beautiful shade of teal that I love...
the boudoir wall treatment 4
In some areas I sponged the paint on top of the gold leaf, and in other areas I followed some of the contours of the blue shading and highlighted them... These are the areas I love the most..
the boudoir wall treatment 4
the boudoir wall treatment 4
After all that was done I put up some really pretty crown molding and this really completed the look... I really love it and would love some feedback from you guys... is it a little wacky or are you in😍 with it too??

• Tonya Peri

Are you the lady whose husband gave you the gifted dressing table/dresser? I saw one just like yours and the husband took it and refinished it for his wife? If it is you the room is perfect with the piece, if not there is a couple on here with the exact same dressing table, color design everything. Great job!love it

• Amy

I think it's absolutely beautiful.

• Sunny

Actually the question I have is about your dresser. How long have you had it, where did you get it? I had a dresser exactly like it when I lived in Franklinville New York in the eighties. I loved it but my husband sold it. I would love to have a more focused picture of it! It looks great with your walls!

• Anjali

Love the final effect! Beautiful! Is there any particular paint that you would recommend

• Jessie

The majority of this was done using regular latex house paint, craft paints and the pigmented powder... I do believe its available on Amazon. I don't recall the name of the powders BUT if you look up leslie Onstadt Highly pigmented power paints, you should find it ! Good luck !

• Susan Nolen

I love the effect of the colors. However, I am not a blue person, but think I would love it in shades of different dusty pinks with off white and very light shades of the gold. You have done an awesome job.

• Vrohde

what a beautiful room it is now. From plain to WOW. I have an area that would really fit this. So make a list and off to Home Depot. Thanks so uch for the share and idea. /Yu sure did an awesome job Congrats!