Rising damp interior- best method to treat?

What would be the difference between pond sealer and damp seal ? How would it get used. Damp from roof in walls. Roof has been sealed many times with no place that can be seeing coming in. ( inside roof ).
Thank you.
(Female and have to Diy myself) any advice would be appreciated.

  4 answers
  • Dfm Dfm on Mar 10, 2018
    Water can get in just about any where. See if you can get a thermal scanner...water is usually cooler than the surroundings and on most scanners it showed up blue...between my parents place and the 3 houses I’ve had..it’s been a crack in the foundation, a leak around a pipe going up thru the roof, a runnoff issue from the roof, and a river flooding. Broken shingles, malfunctioning windows. Dehumidifiers help quite a bit. You have to find where the water is getting in.
  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Mar 10, 2018
    I googled "Thermal Scanners" and they come in a variety of prices. But if you are having moisture problems, it would be well worth the $99 to $499 prices I saw.

    Some houses do not have wide eves and rain gets in near the foundation. Make sure your gutters are working too!!

  • Tim Tim on Mar 10, 2018
    It sounds like you sealed your attic up and No Ventilation in attic so moisture is being Forced, raised inside the house are you in a high humidity area ? to find out buy a inexpensive electronic thermometer that reads humidity level, that can tell you if its' high. Do you windows sweat in house? that will tell you , open a window or door on house at each end of home just 1/8" to help venting , is your Dryer Vent plugged or disconnected
    Do you have a crawl space is their moisture in crawl space, is their a vapor barrier on the bare ground under house, do you cook,boil, or steam in the house? that will do it, Ventilate your HOUSE You your self can raise humidity. Call HVAC. company they can help you.
    • See 1 previous
    • Tim Tim on Mar 12, 2018
      There is a product that is flexible, its' like Rhino Liner in gal. cans an smaller, even ariesol, rattle spray cans I don't know if can be painted.
      A good source of info would or should be a Concrete company, ask
      them what to seal with, Swimming pool paint; Call a reputable paint supply Comp. ask them.
      I live in a very Dry most of the time area in WA. St. right in the middle
      But is the walls basement ? it could be a drainage problem. without seeing it its' all speculation on what to do, ya now; but good luck an let Us know on this site what you find. Tr.