Asked on Mar 10, 2018

How to care for aloe Vera plant.

ShoshanaDesertRoseJoyceawhitt
+2

• Joyceawhitt

Let the soil get really dry as long as the leaves are dark green it has plenty of water. I learned this the hard way trying to reroot mine. It was about 15 years old and my favorite aunt gave it to me and I'm afraid that I may have killed it with to much water
  • DesertRose

My husband bought one small aloe vera plant and it the first year it grew so large he separated it and planted 5 smaller plants. These have all outgrown their pots and need to be again separated meaning we could have 25 plants soon. All we have done is water them about once a month, keep them near a very lighted window that receives a lot of light all day and in summer we will set them in a part of our deck that gets direct sunlight nearly all day. We used potting soil to plant them in the pots. That is all we have done and we are about to get taken over by them, ha. We have cold winters is why we bring them inside. I am amazed at how well they do.
  • Shoshana

Water aloe vera plants deeply, but in order to discourage rot, allow the soil to dry at least 1 to 2 inches deep between waterings. Water about every 3 weeks and even more sparingly during the winter. Use your finger to test dryness before watering.