TEA, There is Always Time For...

124 Views
It seems I do have a real obsession with tea cups. I cannot leave the Thrift shop without buying at least a cup and saucer or a tea pot, even though I really don't need any more. So of course when I approached the thrift shop for this challenge I came home with tea cups. But there is more to this post than that
Time: 2 HoursCost: $17Difficulty: Advanced
  • tea there is always time for
I started out with all these candlesticks (which I already had); but then I found these three wooden/brass candlesticks that I really loved the shape of and a great frame, that was brand new, still in the box for $5.00
  • tea there is always time for
I primed the candlesticks and painted the picture frame. Oh and I almost forgot, see those beautiful glasses...they got primed too!
  • tea there is always time for
Next, I used all the colors in my dining room table runner to add color to the candle sticks. I also added a piece of fabric inside the frame that was left over from making the table runner.
  • tea there is always time for
  • tea there is always time for
Next, I distressed the primer on the glasses, just to accentuate the beautiful texture on them. Glued the glasses upside down into the candlestick holder. Topped with three tea cups/saucers. I added some battery operated tea lites inside the tea cups, and there you have it my new centerpiece for my dining room table, using Thrift Store finds.

Happy Crafting everyone!
  • tea there is always time for
  • tea there is always time for
cups store finds

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:28 AM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Ask a Question