DIY Embroidery Hoop Decor Orbs

907 Views
This is such a fun and quick little project. I’ve been seeing these home decor orbs in stores lately and the prices are just silly. I saw a little 4 inch orb for $19 the other day. It makes no sense to use those tiny, insignificant orbs when you can make something much larger and much more eye-catching so quickly and so cheaply! I thought I had to take a stand so today I’m going to show you how to make your own home decor orbs using simple embroidery hoops.
Time: 30 MinutesCost: $9Difficulty: Easy
  • diy embroidery hoop decor orbs
You can use whatever size hoops you like, but I used the 8″ size so I could have something really substantial. You’ll need to pick up three hoops.
[Psst! Looking for even more inexpensive and thrifty decor ideas? Check out: Updating Thrift Store Baskets to Use Around the Home]
  • diy embroidery hoop decor orbs
The first thing you’ll need to do is to separate each hoop into its two parts.
  • diy embroidery hoop decor orbs
Next, paint or stain all of the hoop pieces inside and out and let them dry.
  • diy embroidery hoop decor orbs
Grab 4 hoop pieces and place them all together so they form a spherical shape. Use the other two hoops to hold everything into place... Easy-peasy, right?!

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of June 14, 2018 10:11 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
CreekLineHouse .

Ask a Question