Faux Antique style head&foot board

+6
It's metal and i would like to paint it white any suggestions??
q faux antique style head foot board
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 10, 2018
    I would rub with 0000 steel wool and spray paint with Rustoleum spray paint for metal.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 10, 2018
    ESP first then paint.
  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Mar 11, 2018
    You have to sand it lightly with steel wool first to break up the shiny finish so the paint will stick to the surface. The Rustoleum spray paint for metal is fantastic. Lightly spray so you don't get runs and drips. It's better to take your time and do more than one or two light coats that are smooth.
  • Debbie Fulton Debbie Fulton on Mar 11, 2018
    I agree with the first 2 suggestions, but I would add, use a primer, Krylon, or Rustoleum, either one will work. As Kaleke said, spray lightly,staying about 12-18 inches away from frame. To avoid runs and drips. Then come back after dry, with top coat.
  • Theresa Lee Theresa Lee on Mar 11, 2018
    I agree with the other responses. Sand lightly, then prime and paint using spray paint. Go with very light coats so that you don’t drip!
  • Alice Alice on Mar 11, 2018
    Here's a video that might help
  • Man32729138 Man32729138 on Mar 11, 2018
    check out heirloom traditional paint on YouTube. I ju watched several demos. i can’t wait to try !