Asked on Mar 11, 2018

How can I get wax out of my carpet?

Fiddledd224RebeccaLynn Sendler
+2

Grandson accidentally spilled wax from a scented warmer. He cleaned up the mess on the table but didn’t realize it hit the carpet. It’s right at the front door and has caught dirt and looks really bad.

• Pam M.

Out ice over wax to harden. Remove as much wax as you can with butter knife. Place DAMP white cotton towel over wax and press iron on hot setting on top, The wax should transfer to towel. Keep moving clean towel over remaining wax and repeat until the wax is out of carpet and onto towel. You can also use paper towels, but cotton is best. Good Luck
  • Lynn Sendler

Place a brown paper bag over the spot and run hot iron over bag
  • Rebecca

I've always heard to get wax out of fabric: Lay a piece of brown paper bag over the wax area and then a hot iron on top of that. The heat will soften the wax and it should stick to the paper bag. Might take several passes rotating paper bag.
  • Fiddledd224

Make a stack of paper towels - place directly over the wax and apply a hot iron (no steam) and press until all of the wax is absorbed by the paper towels.