Forget Ugly Pine, Hello Farmhouse Style.

$50

Even after hubby (my enabler) said no more project pieces, he sent me the link to a coffee and end tables for sale. By the time he got home from work, I had already picked them up and sanded the tops down. 😊
Oh so bland, and the scratches! 😳 However, I could see the potential of something wonderful.
First up, remove the legs, don’t forget where you put all the nuts and bolts! Again, I keep those handy gum containers just to help me find those nuts and bolts again.
Next, sand away those scratches! Using an orbital sander, those scratches become a thing of the past!
Behold the beauty hiding under all those scratches!! ❤️
I base coated the areas I knew I would want to distress...I prefer a flat paint, because chalk paint adheres well to flat.
I knew I would paint the legs, so I just needed to rough up the old finish. I wanted the end product to have a farmhouse feel, so I left a lot of the imperfections.
All lined up and ready for a base coat. Again, I used a flat black spray paint as my base coat.
I stained and applied poly to the table tops. I originally tried a puritan pine stain, but quickly realized I needed a darker stain...espresso to the rescue!
Once the poly dried, I could tape off the top. I wanted to paint around the edges, and I need tape for that!
Chalk paint time!
See what I mean about needing that tape?! Here you can see the legs drying after a coat of chalk paint, while I worked on the table tops.
I distressed with sandpaper, applied a light coat of poly, and allowed it dry. Then I took my favorite glaze and touched on all those imperfections, using a damp rag, u wiped down the entire leg. Leaving a nice aged look and allowing the dark glaze to highlight those imperfections.
I applied an extra coat of poly to the top, and after that dried...here they are in all their glory. BEAUTIFUL! Just because furniture is outdated, doesn't mean you have to buy new....

To see more: https://facebook.com/nettesemporium/

• Erica Smith

#Lynnette they turned out AMAZING! You did a great job!! I love the Farmhouse look! Wish I could find some similar tables! TFS!!!

• Kati Hanson
    26 minutes ago

Beautiful!!!!🤩