Elegant Tufted Bench With Hidden Storage

$200
Advanced

I have been dreaming of getting a tufted bench that I could place at the foot of my bed for years now. The only problem it was always ridiculously priced out of my range. Home decorations may just might be the most expensive part of home ownership, Hahaha. So when given the opportunity to work with Osborne Wood Products I was so excited. I knew right away what I wanted to build. This is one of my favorite DIY projects to date.
Here’s how I did it.
For a complete cut list and Free plans head over to Toolbox Divas.
I started off by cutting all the side rails or aprons
To attach the rails to the legs I used pocket hole joinery.
With the pocket holes drilled I was then able to add the ledge. The ledges were important because the plywood base would rest upon it for both the bottom of the bench and the bottom of the storage cavity.
I started by attaching the lower portion of the bench.
Then I dropped in the plywood base for the lower shelf.
I added additional support beams in the middle of the bench at the top and bottom. This is a LONG bench. It has to have the additional support.
I also added corner supports on the bottom and under the storage cavity.
Once stained I used an upholstery fabric to line the interior of the storage area.
Once I was sure of the placement of the hinges I tufted the top and attached it back to the bench.
Make sure to subscribe to my channel so that you don't miss the next tutorial on the easiest tufting method on the planet.
I love how this turned out. It is probably my favorite piece to date. For the complete cut list and Free plans link listed below.

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
ToolBox Divas

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

This is beautiful! My question is, how much weight will it hold and can you sit on it?

• Joe Jones
      Joe Jones

Yes you can sit on it. It’s the same as an industrial built bench or coffee table. Kreg joints are the strongest way to do attach anything.

• Sarge
    Sarge

When are you coming to New York?

• Melvia
    Melvia

How do I make a platform bed frame out of wood pallets

• Kimlevah
    Kimlevah

I’m inspired you did a wonderful job so professional.

• Kimlevah
    Kimlevah

I’m inspired you did a wonderful job very professional your ottoman is just as nice as the ones I brought from the furniture store.