How can we get old foundation paint off of our driveway?

+6
While paining the doundation paint was spilled on the driveway

• Susan Susan on Mar 12, 2018
    I’d call large concrete ir asphalt company ask for customer service- usually transfer to technical dept. Make sure you have all info about driveway (age, material); type/ brand, color variation from driveway, when happen; any other removal materials tried, size of paint spil. I’m dure they’ll ask for more info ! but I’ve always received courteous good advice.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 12, 2018
    If it’s the old paint, I suppose it’s been on the driveway quite a while. Try paint remover or thinner, but only a little at a time, so you won’t kill the grass. Use a hoe, shovel or scrub broom to scrape the paint off. Paint thinner evaporates quickly, so you may have to repeat several times. This should at least lessen the amount of paint seen. ☺️
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 12, 2018
    Some paint stripper and a metal scraper. Also might be able to use a power washer, but be careful you don't etch the concrete by using to high a pressure.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Mar 12, 2018
    Add paint stripper to an absorbent material to make a creamy paste. Spread a 1/4- to 1/2-in. layer of paste over the paint stain. Then wait 10 to 20 minutes while the stripper loosens the paint stain. Scrape off the paste and loosened paint with a plastic scraper. Spread a second application if necessary.