User
User
  • Miami Beach, FL
Asked on Mar 12, 2018

Any ideas for bathroom updates?

RichandTammy WhitesideFiddledd224Nicole S.
+5

trying to find bet for window curtains for bathroom or shutters?, living in miami beach Fl. very hot and humid in there

• Jewellmartin

I would put blue cellophane over the windows so they still could be opened, but I would have shutters for when all sun needs to be kept out. ☺️
  • Ken Erickson

We usually have frosted glass or mini-blinds on our bathroom windows. A good way to cut down on sun impact is to buy a dark stick on window film. Spray water on window, apply the film, smooth out with squeegee, cut the excess off.
  • RichandTammy Whiteside

Based on the humidity factor, if you want curtains, find a pretty shower curtain and modify it for your bathroom window. That way you're not introducing a potential mold factory into the equation and still get the visual softness that you would get from regular curtains plus no ironing after washing is always a plus in my book! Good luck with whatever you decide! :)
  • Fiddledd224

I would install black-out draperies to keep the sun/heat out on the hottest days with sheer panels underneath to use for breezy, cloudy days. The best of both worlds.
  • RichandTammy Whiteside

I am embarrassingly admitting this. I've used SHOWER curtains in a living room at my old house. My dh thought that it was humorous to watch the kittens crawl up the curtains chasing his fishing rod tip! After 2 or 3 sets of curtains, frustration sat in and I bought some really pretty shower curtains and smiled to myself as the kittens couldn't climb them and my dh had to seek out a new way to humor himself!