Does anyone know what kind of wood this is?

+5
My old farmhouse in rural Western NY, was built in the mid 1800’s and has a wood floor in the kitchen. I would like to identify the wood so that I can match it when I remodel/ expand the kitchen. The boards are 2” wide.
q does anyone know what kind of wood this is
The old finish is worn and spotty, but one can see that there is a lot of variation in the grain.
Sanded to reveal natural color.
This pic shows the unusual grain...which resembles tiger stripes.
  • My guess is maple - especially looking at those 'tiger stripes'.
  • Norman Mahaffy Norman Mahaffy on Mar 12, 2018
    My guess would be a combination of tiger maple and red oak

• David Frey David Frey on Mar 12, 2018
    It is Quarter Sawn Oak very hard to find and very expensive.
  • Pin1448066 Pin1448066 on Mar 14, 2018
    it is oak but u might have a hard time matching old to new, might look for someone who is getting rid of their old oak floors good luck
  • Dfm Dfm on Mar 14, 2018
    tiger oak. aka quarter sawn- lucky you!
  • Ardale Ardale on Mar 15, 2018
    It's quarter sawn oak! Once it's sanded it will bring back the beautiful color of solid oak. You have a treasure in the rough! Be sure to seal it once it's sanded to extend it's sanded finish and color.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Mar 15, 2018
    Check you attic and any other unused space. They may have similar flooring which can be "stolen" .
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 22, 2018
    Closets, pantries, old porches, and behind the wall covering are more places to look for more matching wood. ☺️