How do we get enamel paint off drywall?

+4
Drywall the 70s all styles schedule on it and paint it was enamel paint how do we get it off

• Nicole S. Nicole S. on Mar 12, 2018
    If it's only a small area, you could try using sandpaper. It could be tiring to do this over a large area.

If it's a big area, then you could try a heat gun.

Good luck!
  • Geri Geri on Mar 14, 2018
    If it is sheetrock instead of drywall you can sandblast it off.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Mar 14, 2018
    I would not try to remove the enamel paint. There is no need. If you degloss it with TSP, then prime with a good primer to help paint adhere, and use a quality paint you will have no problem.
  • Linda Sparks Linda Sparks on Mar 15, 2018
    With all of the primers and paint with primer, I can't really see any reason to add extra work to your project. I would suggest talking to someone in the paint dept. at your local home improvement store, or a paint store such as Sherwin Williams. They will be able to best guide you. Good luck
  • Red24511127 Red24511127 on Mar 18, 2018
    thank you

• Barb Adams Barb Adams on Mar 30, 2018
    Yes, I vote for prime and paint.
  • Betsy Betsy on Mar 30, 2018
    Yeah, what Linda said:) There are products that degloss and one called Liquid Sandpaper. You just need that enamel to be dull enough for the new paint to adhere.