How to get rid of roaches in apartment? They have sprayed.

+4
  • M M on Mar 12, 2018
    You MUST hire a professional service that comes every three months for at least 9 mos. the life cycle needs to be etradicated . If you spray once forget it. Remove clutter. Roaches love wet moist areas like drains sinks bathrooms so cover your drains at all times unless using sink. Pour bleach weekly down drains and cover with a plate. Diligence will get rid of them. And be sure all food items and crumbs are removed . Store bread cereal etc in microwave. Sweep floors and take garbage out nightly! I bought a Condo in Florida and previous tenant was an owner of a restaurant bad combo!!! . Roaches were gone 100 percent in three weeks. But I was diligent! Every time food was out it stayed in kitchen only and counters sprayed down After each use . NO dishes left ever in sink and dishwasher I used rinse cycle after every meal. Follow these simple instructions and you will be free of bugs for good . remember you need to get rid of life cycles . Get up at night flick on light and see if you see any. Pull out refrig and stove and clean crumbs !!! Stay on it and hire a company with a guarantee . I use Orkin if I see anything they. One out immediately in the beginning they even set bait sticky traps under sinks and in closets and even checked outlets for signs of them in hiding. I use door draft to outside so none will come from another unit ever
  • Kristen Crawford Kristen Crawford on Mar 12, 2018
    theyre not pretty but i use those square black roach traps/poison. Our home is brand new nut our neighbors are well....not very tidy so were likely getting them from there, I have them on the floor, shelves, drawers anywhere a child or a cat/dog wont grab it. They have helped a lot.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 12, 2018
    If your landlord seems to be very slow in following ordinances, or doesn’t seem to care at all, you can use borax while you wait. 20-Mule-Team Borax is in the laundry detergent aisle. Four pounds costs about $5, I think. If you have an old baby powder container, you can fill the container with borax so you can spray the powder along baseboards and all under the sinks and toilets in your house. It’s relatively safe for pets and children—just don’t let them huff the stuff. If you apply by hand, try to spread borax in all the possible damp areas and entrances to your apartment. You can even dust drawers with borax. Best wishes ☺️
  • Carey Carey on Mar 13, 2018
    The only way to truly get rid of roaches is to find their nest. They will nest in the most unlikely places. I read an article by Heloise and she said look in curtain rods, refrigerator motor, under sinks, washers, dryers, even around your dishwasher or any warm dark place. When I lived in Tennessee the apt. that we moved into had roaches and I proceeded to try to locate them. I saw them mostly in the kitchen, so I concentrated on that area. I sprayed around doorways so that they could not exit the room to another room. It turned out to be a very excellent strategy. They are smart and will not cross spray! I emptied all my cabinets and sprayed. The very last cabinet that I opened was absolutely full of them. I shut the door and sprayed around it. Then opened the door again. They piled up in the corner rather than cross over the spray. I happened to look up and saw a roach with an egg ready to lay, run down behind the cabinet. I climbed up and looked and I had found their nest. It was full of pregnant roaches. It was only about a 1/4 of an inch away from the wall and except for seeing that one roach, I would not have found their nest!
  • Ellis Ellis on Mar 13, 2018
    Boric acid powder spread in all the usual spots, under sinks, behind the fridge, etc. Use a very thin layer, just a dusting. There are a variety of ready-made products available, or you can make your own -- there are tons of ideas on the internet.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Mar 13, 2018
    Roaches can come in with you by being on your shoes, pant legs, socks...so it is not just about the degree of cleanliness-but keeping your home clean does help.
    Boric acid works well in the usual hiding places along with the little black boxes.
    If all else fails, call the exterminator.