MC
MC
Asked on Mar 13, 2018

Repurpose suggestions for "Tiffany's" lamp shade?

EmMelbrooksDeb31751469
+3

These are all individual pieces glued together but it began to fall apart after hanging for only a few days. It is a hard plastic and the seams are joined with ? Glue ? Some sort of weld. It looks black on the surface but inside looks like copper colour.
I have tried reglueing but pieces keep falling out.
the shade is quite heavy but nothing really to support the weight when it is suspended.
Any suggestions?
Couldn’t return because it was “ Final Sale”!!!
thanks
q i recently purchased this tiffany lamp shade to hang in the foy
  • Johnavallance82

Either paint the outside or the inside and use as a bowl. or de-construct and apply to tray or tabletop............
  • Helenk

Glue all joints and plug the hole in the center with aquarium safe silicone and use it outdoors as a bird bath. You can use a tomato cage as the frame. I have used lamp shades this way before. Since it is rather deep, put a rock in the center or several smaller stones.
  • Deb31751469

Disassemble and use for a mosaic, I'm a gardener and will use mine on a cinder block to make a planter.
  • Melbrooks

Its not glued, its copper foil and solder. You'd have to find someone who knows how to do stained glass to repair it.
    Otherwise, if you can get it all apart, it would make a beautiful mosaic medallion for your patio!
  • Em

I agree with Melbrooks above. It is not a hard process to fix and it is worth it. Look for someone local it most definitely can be repaired with solder.