DIY Accent Pallet Bathroom

$25
1 Day

We redid our bathroom maybe about 2 years ago when we moved into the house. Just mostly putting new floors and vanity. The space looked plain and I wanted to give it a little pop :]

We had most of our tools already and really only needed the nails for the nail gun. $8 and a couple hours of our weekend time was all it took!

In my other post, I mentioned that this was the original bathroom that we did a quick remodel.

This is what it turned out to be when we redid it -- mostly redoing the floors and adding new vanity. The room was fine but it had a huge window and with the white walls all around it tends to get a bit bright in the middle of the day and there isn't much character so we set out to do an accent pallet wall :]

Pretty self explanatory -- get pallets, cut the pieces that you want to use for the accent wall. I used a couple coats of clear coat paint to seal the pallets.

We cut up the pallets months ago, and I clear coated them the week before the project (front, back and all sides). We used Kilz Klear Multi-Surface sealer.

Remove mirror and all lighting fixtures before you start the project.

Find the studs and mark them with a pencil so you will know where to nail gun the pallet pieces.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Here is a video of me nailing some boards -- we use a compressor and a nail gun attached to the compressor. Really neat thing xD

We started from the sink and made our way up. Use a leveler at every board to make sure that your board is still level as it goes up.

Slowly but surely just work your way up to the top. When we were high enough, we installed the light back on.

Really after all this, we worked and cut some of the pallets to put on the side, and then cut up more pallets to reach the bottom of the toilet.

And this is the final result! Sorry pictures are a bit dark because we actually finished close to midnight.

I definitely like the accent walls and makes the room have that little rustic accent.

Here is the before and after of the project!

In another post I'll show how to build those shelves on top of the toilet ^_^

Thank you!

P.S- Finally managed to take a picture while its daytime :] and I decided to change the shower curtain too.

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!

• Paula McCarthy

At first I was worried about the darkness of the wood but when I see your daytime photo, I get it....love the new shower curtain too, you could even go darker and/or higher, with all that light streaming in!

Referencing a concern about the "fad" of using rustic wood...It can always be painted to match a different vision...but that wood texture would always be there and that's a big plus! Love it!

• Larry shriver

I really like your idea of using the u-bolts and turnbuckles for the shelves suspension. Very original.