Asked on Mar 14, 2018

How can I remove the sulfur smell from our well water?

Kathy wolfeRam32069420Dianacirce70
+3

We have a new home (new to us that is) and our well water is high in sulfur, can’t stand the smell. what can we do ourselves to filter out the sulfur from our water?

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown

you can install a vent outside to release some of the smell. I Would contact a well digging company to explore your options..
  • Redcatcec

I agree with Julie, your well water has sulfur in it and outside venting may be a way to deal with this smell, you may have to drill deeper to another level and hope that has none-more expense.
    Another thought would be a reverse osmosis system, but I am unsure if that would work in your situation. For that you would have to contact a water filtration company.
    If it is a possibility, you may have to get water from another source such as the city/county.
  • Dianacirce70

You can get a home filter system so that it filters out the minerals before it gets to your taps.
  • Ram32069420

I have this issue @ my place, shocking the well works great. If you have access to your well, most well diggers have a pack of the ‘shocker’ with instructions. I think the contents are a dry form of bleach. Pour into well, wait 24 hours, then flush (be sure not to flush on grass, etc.,) it will kill it. Obviously you cannot use water from this well for 24 hrs. Other than not being able to use the H2O from the well for 24 hrs. it is easy.
  • Kathy wolfe

Call the Culligan Man.