How to Customize Reusable Shopping Bags

$10

Learn how you can customize reusable shopping bags in just a few minutes with your Cricut Explore and your favorite color of Cricut vinyl!

how to customize reusable shopping bags

You can find inexpensive shopping bags at almost every major retailer. When I found this navy and gold beauty at Staples (for $1.00!!!) I knew I wanted to turn it into something special. So, with the help of my Cricut Explore Air, I was able to create my own one-of-kind reusable shopping bag in just a few minutes!

how to customize reusable shopping bags

Here are the supplies you will need:

• Cricut Explore Air
  • Cricut Design Space software
  • Cricut Vinyl in Gold
  • Cricut Transfer Tape
  • Cricut XL Scraper
  • Scissors
  • Reusable Shopping Bag
how to customize reusable shopping bags

Step 1: To start this project, I created my "happy to be here" saying in Cricut Design Space and cut it with my Cricut Explore Air on Gold Vinyl. If you want to make this exact project yourself, I shared the project here.

Once I cut my saying with my Cricut Explore Air, I added transfer tape to the entire project BEFORE cutting the sayings apart. Then, using my scissors, I separated each saying.

Note- If you do make this exact project yourself using the link I shared, there is one thing I want to mention. While making this project, as you can see in the above photo, I decided to cut out two sayings. This is because I wanted to put my saying on both sides of the reusable shopping bag. However, if you only want to have a saying on one side of your shopping bag, you can easily "hide" the other saying (by selecting the ''hide'' option in Design Space) before you cut.

how to customize reusable shopping bags

Step 2: Peel the backing from the saying (be sure that the vinyl has transferred to the tape) and place it on the bag.

how to customize reusable shopping bags

Step 3: Using the Cricut XL Scraper, rub over the entire saying to transfer the vinyl saying to the tote bag.

how to customize reusable shopping bags

Step 4: Peel off the transfer tape and repeat on the other side of the bag.

how to customize reusable shopping bags

And voila! Now you are ready to be the fanciest person at the grocery store or at Target with your ''new'' reusable shopping bag!

To get more project inspiration for your home and to learn more about the products used in this project, stop by my blog!

• Cricut Explore Air
  • Cricut Design Space software
  • Cricut Vinyl in Gold

Beth Kingston