The Flowers in April

I have been working in the garden, tending the weeds. I couldn't help but be distracted by all the beautiful blooms - after all that long winter and the early rains everything seems to be blooming with such exuberance. So, I took a break fromt he weeding, they loved the rain too, I strolled through to capture these beautiful moments. I just wish there was a scratch and sniff...these flowers are so fragrant too.
I call this the brick garden. I recycled brick from an old house to create a parterre. the yellow Iris are blooming beautifully
Pansies and Violas were planted last fall and because it hasn't gotten very hot yet, they're blooming wonderfully
The garden in the front is filled with Iris and roses as well as a few summer perennials
When a number of perennials have faded the snapdragons will continue to bring beautiful color
I took a large branch from a Crape Myrtle and used it to hang flower pots....I may allow Moonflower and Morning Glory to grow up this branch....
This rose bush is a rambler and provides beautiful, fragrant blooms
This was a pass-along rose...not sure of its name, but I do love it's multi-petaled beauty and fragrance

Kathy R

• Jeanette S

Your garden is coming alive...BEAUTIFUL!

• Kathy R

I'm in Central Georgia - between Macon and Augusta - I think we're slightly warmer - would love to be in North Georgia - might have a better chance at some perennials I'd love to grow. But, as they say - grow where you're planted :)