Refinished Bedroom Furniture

$250

Actually this is just one piece of an entire bedroom suite I am working on! Stored out in a shed, the funky, orangish oak finish...yuck! I told hubby that I wanted the whole set. He laughed, and helped load it up.

This is from the ad I saw...a whole set. Lovely!

I removed the drawers, took off the hardware, and let the sanding begin! I start with a 120 grit and finish with a fine grit. I make sure I use the orbital sander so I don’t mess up the grain.

You guys know I always miss steps! I went with a custom mixed chalk paint, and went over that with a custom mixed gray glaze! I stained the tops and the drawers fronts with a custom mixed stain. If you notice the powder....the pieces had a bit of a musty smell...baking soda to the rescue!

I put the drawers in to see how it looked. I went over all the hardware with rub n buff (I love that stuff!) don’t forget to use a spray sealant in hardware though! I finished this set with General Finishes wipe on sealer.

Put the hardware back on...and look how beautiful!

I was so excited I didn’t take pictures of each piece during the process...

But look! Beautiful...we ended up keeping it all except the dresser (it wouldn’t fit in guest room).

18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!

• MollyBetter

Beautiful! How do you use baking soda to get the musty smell out?

• Elaine Shaughnessy

You can also add a couple drops of essential oil (peppermint or lemon or whatever scent you enjoy) to the baking soda before you sprinkle it on

• Murf Murphy

Why I you use chalk paint on so many projects..??

• Julie

I love this.. My question is I can never find real wood furniture. Everything these days is fake wood.. So how can I recycle or redo a night stand / dresser or end table if its not real wood . Does that make sense?

• Kathrine Anderson

For real wood I would go to antique and second hand stores. You can usually find solid pieces for good prices. I think older furniture is built so much better than what's made these days.