Asked on Mar 15, 2018

How well does the landscape fabric hold up in pallet gardens?

FRESHCUTKYFlipturnNancy Turner
+3

I see many postings on pallet gardens on how to make them, but how durable/long lasting are they?

• Cindy

Hi Bindia, Landscape fabric comes in several thicknesses. I believe this product to be one of those "you get what you pay for" items. I use the thickest I can find. My sons built me a raised garden three years ago with the thickest fabric. This will be my fourth garden this year and my fabric is still holding up. I hope you find this info helpful. Best of luck to you.
  • Dfm

using an agricultural land scape fabric, it holds up well. the thinner stuff from discount store not so much. you have the option to double it up.
  • Nancy Turner

As Aljosjer said, you get what you paid for, go with the thicker fabric and it will last for years. A lot of the time you see it in the garden sections at home improvement stores listed as professional grade and often there are even a couple of different thickness to choose from. The really cheep stuff is like handling tissue paper, rips easy, so I don't think it will hold up for long. I use medium thickness in my pots since the soil is worked up each year before I plant them, so it is easy to replace.
  • Flipturn

Agree that the thicker gauge of landscaping fabric will function more effectively than the thinner stuff that rips, tears, and disintegrates easily. Also, the more you can overlap and leave the least amount of space in between the individual pieces will help to impede weeds from poking through.
  • FRESHCUTKY

Depends on what kind you buy - the good, more expensive stuff is extremely strong and can last years. Other stuff might not even last the whole season.