Wanda
Wanda
  • Conroe, TX
Asked on Mar 15, 2018

I need to replace countertops. Would granite squares look good?

Ana BacallaoNicki Petruzzella KernsJana
+3

I replaced the sink in my kitchen. This caused us to need to replace the countertop. I can't afford granite but love the look. Does anyone have experience with granite tiles? Would that work? Would it look ok?

• Yes, I did this in a rental house. Turned out fabulous. If you have local stoneyard, visit often, you never know what deals you can find. I always shop the "save me" or sale section first.
  • Dysko7710

As opposed to replacing the countertop, if possible, you could paint it to look like granite. They actually sell kits for countertops in many granite styles for painting, brands like Gianni and Rustoleum and they run about 80 dollars.
  • Iwa14215215

Price concrete it is beautifull durable and you can do a variety of things to it like stamping
  • Jana

I put granite squares on a counter and they came out great. It did take some time, about 3 days but was very worth it. Be sure to check the sub structure that it is level and in good condition - no water damage. I purchased a small saw to cut the small sections out instead of trying to snap or use a larger saw. It worked very well. There are a many you tube videos that give suggestions. Here is one - https://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/rooms-and-spaces/kitchen/how-to-install-a-granite-tile-kitchen-countertop
  • Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

Granite tiles?! I didn't know they existed! I bet it would look very nice.
  • Ana Bacallao

We had granite tiles installed once. It needs to be installed with minimal grouting (I think they call it butt to butt). We kept it for about 10 years but finally broke down and installed a solid granite piece.