Asked on Mar 15, 2018

Do we need a professional to take care of standing water?

JewellmartinCindy HagemannSharon


Should we just dig a dry well?

6 answers
  • Janet Pizaro
    on Mar 15, 2018

    that will depend on your experience and how much water needs to be controlled
  • GrandmasHouseDIY
    on Mar 15, 2018

    Hi Dale, if you're having trouble with standing water putting in your own "drain" is not that difficult. I dug a three foot deep trench across my backyard, filled it with rocks, covered it with sod and BAM no problem with standing water again and you couldn't even tell it was there.
  • Or a French drain would work too. There are several methods to use. It couldn't hurt to have a professional opinion either. I would call out a few licensed professionals for a consult. Water should be directed away from any structure but not diverted onto neighboring property.
  • Sharon
    on Mar 15, 2018

    You might watch some of the Apple Drain videos on YouTube to see the various solutions available for different types of water, I would always try to move the water out to the street storm drains.... there are pop-up drains, catchment basins, channel drains, sump-pumps, and dry wells to add to your French Drain
  • Cindy Hagemann
    on Mar 15, 2018

    Yes, get a quote from a professional.
  • Jewellmartin
    on Mar 15, 2018

    I see a yard destroyed with open holes. Please plan carefully, using a French drain and underground drain pipes. As time goes on, you should see your yard regain good soil and strength. If you mind the grass, you can have a lovely lawn. Best wishes ☺️
Your comment...