JanieB
JanieB
Asked on Mar 16, 2018

Sandy soil hot humid climate- what to plant around a fountain?

Gale Allen JennessPattiGeew
+3

the fountain is tall and in the middle of the driveway -so very visible. I am looking for a ground cover and some eye catching plants. no bushes

• Chubby58

Try some purple fountain grass. It’s beautiful and has pretty purple plumes on it. Also for a low grower, Mexican heather is great.
  • Geew

Succulents
  • Patti

Succulents are a wonderful idea. Vinca is also a great plant, small purple or pink flowers in a ground cover like plant.
  • Gale Allen Jenness

Only thing I can think of for that kind of climate be some species of cactus? Especially if your not wanting to water frequently?
  • Gale Allen Jenness

wish I had more idea? You could also see if you have a extension for gardening or vegetation in your area and ask them for advice If you have any Nursery in your area they also can be a wealth of information to help! Most plants in these places have tags showing what area their best for as well the type of soil and it their good in full sun or need more shade! Good luck again