Create a Unique Piece of Art Using Acrylic Pouring Technique

$20

Create a beautiful art piece using the acrylic pouring technique. It is such a fun and creative process you will be hooked!
create a unique piece of art using acrylic pouring technique
Make sure the surface you are working on is covered with some plastic and is level! You must ensure the surface is level, so that the paint does not run off.
Decide what colours you want to use, you can use as many (or as little) as you want.  I used 5 in total – 1 lighter shade of blue, 1 turquoise, 1 dark blue, 1 white and 1 silver. 
Mix each paint colour in a separate plastic cup and add some water to thin the paint. I added pouring medium to two cups (any colour) and silicone oil to the other 3 cups. {note after the project: silicone oil will help you create the cells, I was a little cautious at first but next time will be adding more oil}
Next add the paints into a separate cup bit by bit to create different layers. . Keep pouring until you are satisfied you will have enough to cover the canvas. I was cautious as I didn't want to waste lots of paint (the amount will depend on the size of the canvas you are using). Don’t worry if you don't have enough as you can always add extra once you have poured the paint on.
Take your blank canvas, turn it upside down and place the cup with paint under the canvas and tip both over without lifting the cup off.  Keep the cup upside down for a few seconds, to allow the paint to pour down the cup.
Lift the cup off and let the paint move around.  Move the canvas to allow the paint to ‘go in different directions to cover the whole canvas
Once you are happy with your painting, use the blow torch and go over the paint ever so slightly, this will help you to form the cells in the paint!
Then leave to dry for around 24 hours and seal using either varnish or acrylic painting sealant.
Beautiful and creative!
From Evija with Love

• Lau33518383

Sorry, I meant to ask what the torch was used for as well and by the way I’ve never seen such a beautiful piece of art work, just beautiful dear!

• From Evija with Love

Thank you, the blow torch is used over the canvas to produce heat but as it doesnt have air flow (like heat gun or haidryer it won't move the paint itself) it splits the paint from oils and creates beautiful effect which looks like cells. You have to work quickly with heat and not keep it on the same spot for too long! Good luck it is a lot of fun

• Cindy.timms

WOW !!! Absolutely gorgeous & very unique. Beautiful colors, can you get the silicone oil at home depot or lows ? I would love to try this.

• Brandi

Could I use a heat gun vs a blow torch??

• Hi Brandi yes you can the only difference is that the heat gun will move paint around as it blows hot air but that can create beautiful patterns too !