Create a Unique Piece of Art Using Acrylic Pouring Technique

$20

Create a beautiful art piece using the acrylic pouring technique. It is such a fun and creative process you will be hooked!
create a unique piece of art using acrylic pouring technique
Make sure the surface you are working on is covered with some plastic and is level! You must ensure the surface is level, so that the paint does not run off.
Decide what colours you want to use, you can use as many (or as little) as you want.  I used 5 in total – 1 lighter shade of blue, 1 turquoise, 1 dark blue, 1 white and 1 silver. 
Mix each paint colour in a separate plastic cup and add some water to thin the paint. I added pouring medium to two cups (any colour) and silicone oil to the other 3 cups. {note after the project: silicone oil will help you create the cells, I was a little cautious at first but next time will be adding more oil}
Next add the paints into a separate cup bit by bit to create different layers. . Keep pouring until you are satisfied you will have enough to cover the canvas. I was cautious as I didn't want to waste lots of paint (the amount will depend on the size of the canvas you are using). Don’t worry if you don't have enough as you can always add extra once you have poured the paint on.
Take your blank canvas, turn it upside down and place the cup with paint under the canvas and tip both over without lifting the cup off.  Keep the cup upside down for a few seconds, to allow the paint to pour down the cup.
Lift the cup off and let the paint move around.  Move the canvas to allow the paint to ‘go in different directions to cover the whole canvas
Once you are happy with your painting, use the blow torch and go over the paint ever so slightly, this will help you to form the cells in the paint!
Then leave to dry for around 24 hours and seal using either varnish or acrylic painting sealant.
Beautiful and creative!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 12, 2018 10:42 PM - More info
From Evija with Love

• Alice M Kehoe

We are almost finished re-doing our bathroom. I have decorating ideas overload. This is perfect! I wanted something I made to hang and display; this is it. Thank you

• Cheryl Lewis

Getting ready to do something similar on the underside of a glass table. I hope it is this stunning - I absolutely love your piece and would buy it if it were in a store.