Asked on Mar 16, 2018

What do you use to deodorize my smelly dog

Mar29821337InetiaJoyceawhitt
+5

• Mogie
    Mogie

I give them a bath and use Dawn.
  • Sharon
    Sharon

Bath stinky using dog shampoo. Brush him first and remove any matted fur. If he has some skin condition contributing to his odor, see a vet.
  • Sharon
    Sharon

Sometimes that odor comes from in the dogs ears, so you have to clean the ears real well, we always used cotton balls and special cleaners for the ears, and we also pulled the hair out on floppy eared breeds using forceps. A good dog groomer who baths your pet should do this. The other source of really bad odor is hot spots from dogs chewing on themselves.... its like a yeast infection odor and is usually quite red.... dog needs special shampoo from vet to clear up the hot spots.
  • If your dog is smelly, it is time for a bath! Just make sure there are no underlying health issues.

If you are unable to do so at home, Google for either a do it yourself doggie wash facility, or take to a REPUTABLE groomer. Where I live there was a bad groomer that hurt the animals, we managed to get the state Board to revoke the license.

• Brian Wilson
    Brian Wilson

I’m not using anything, your going to have to do it yourself !!!

• Joyceawhitt
    Joyceawhitt

Sometimes you need to go to the vet to make sure that the smell isn't from his teeth, anal glands check the food sometimes they can have an allergy. You don't mention the breed but some dogs like pugs need to have their wrinkles on the face cleaned.
  • Inetia
    Inetia

First rule out ears and mouth as the source of the oder.
    If your dog is old it could be part of growing old. If you bathe him and a few days later he smells again, then you can get special shampoo from your vet that will make a huge difference.
  • Mar29821337
    Mar29821337

After bathing my dogs about every 3 to 4 days I dust my dogs with baking soda and ground cloves