Simple DIY Labeled Soap Dispensers

$9

Last week I told you guys all about the details of so today I wanted to share a quick tutorial on how to make your own labeled soap dispensers like the ones we have by our kitchen sink.

Although I now consider myself a blogger, I began my professional life as a graphic designer and it still occupies a big part of my brain. So the thought of leaving a mismatching set of dish and hand soap bottles with poorly-designed labels on the counter was just never very appealing. So I left them under the sink, and had to dig around in the under-sink mess every time I needed them. Completely ridiculous. Solution: matching, labeled soap dispensers.
Here’s what you’ll need:
  • Washi Tape
  • Rubbing Alcohol
The process is quite easy. Wipe the surface of your soap dispensers with rubbing alcohol to remove any dust or fingerprints from the surface. Let them dry for a few minutes. Place a piece of washi tape (a small piece of blue painter’s tape would work too) along the bottom of the bottle as shown above, as a guide so that your words are straight. Use a pointy tool such as an x-acto knife or a toothpick to lift an adhesive letter from the backing and carefully place it along the top of the washi tape guide. The vinyl letters work best since they’ll stay adhered despite moisture from the sink. Repeat the process until you finish the word, and remove the washi tape. And you’re finished!
The bottles look oh-so-chic compared to those plastic squeeze bottles that dish soap comes in, and the pumps are super functional and easy to use. I made another set of these for my bathroom for shampoo, conditioner and body wash… and you could use them for lotions as well. The possibilities are endless! 

Faith Provencher | Design Fixation