Asked on Mar 17, 2018

How can shades with dangling cords be changed to continuous loop?

Geew

On the heavier shades the cords break and on all my windows the cords drag on the floor. Would like io avoid the expense and hassle of replacing them. My windows are long and high. Can I convert them to continuous loop without replacing? Or can I get new cordless shades that can be pulled down without having to stand on a stool or chair?
q how can shades with dangling cords be changed to continuous loop
Tall windows and 10-foot ceilings with already installed cellular blinds that have double dangling cords that drag on floor.
  • Geew

Cord Cleats: Sold at most major Hardware Stores.
    • Mgl32860550

That you for the quick reply! That should solve the problem of dangling cords on most of my windows but what about the large shades with cords that can’t handle the weight and break or come loose? Is there a better system or product?
  • Geew

I would suggest the same thing, Cord Cleats, but use wall anchors for extra reinforcement and maybe mount them close to the floor. (If I am understanding your question correctly) Any blinds manufactured should be using cords strong enough for the weight of the blinds, I have heavy wooden slat blinds, I just pull them up and down a lot more slowly and carefully than a more lightweight blind which can take the speed and weight without stressing the cord.