Outside deck flooring ideas

+5
I want to put something on my outside deck, like carpet, so I don't have to repaint yearly. In the past I repainted and had area rugs. As the summer goes on they don't dry and the rugs begin to get moldy. Any ideas that can help me?
q outside deck flooring
  • Trudi Trudi on Mar 18, 2018
    Artificial turf comes in many colors now.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Mar 18, 2018
    Was at a Home and Garden in Timonium MD show the other weekend and there was a vendor there selling plastic area rugs, they were made from recycled plastic and very attractive. People were interested, and of course I did not check out their prices. Sorry I never took the time to get a business card now wish I had to connect you to them.. Best I can offer is google the MD H & G show Timonium, they should have a list of vendors.
    • See 2 previous
    • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Mar 22, 2018
      Hi Susan,
      Hope this goes well for you and works out if you do decide to get it!\
      Don't know if that is a good or bad price but does not seem unreasonable for that size mat, plus it is recycled.
  • Sharon Depatie Sharon Depatie on Mar 22, 2018
    Why not paint an area rug on the deck floor?? Sand down the old paint, draw on the outline(s) of a carpet & use a “paint by # “ effect. Then apply several coats of marine grade shellac. It would be unique, colorful & not need re-painting for years. I’ve seen it done (end fringe & all) & it was gorgeous. Other than that, they sell nylon deck area carpets in many colours & patterns. I have 2 & just roll them up for our snowy winters, then wash & hose rinse in Spring. As to outdoor carpeting glued/nailed down, your wooden floor will rot faster & can smell sour in the heat. The deck boards need drainage - may be laid too close together & rain/moisture can’t escape. Try sanding your present paint, then applying marine grade shellac for durability. Hope some of this helps. Good luck.
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Mar 22, 2018
    You can purchase ourdoor carpet from Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Mar 22, 2018
    sorry, outdoor carpet!