Asked on Mar 18, 2018

How to clean tile grout?

RachelCt1156Debker
+6

• Cindy Hagemann

Bleach products or buy a steam cleaner.
  • Dysko7710

I have always used baking soda and vinegar and that works well. Sprinkle down with baking soda (or on a wall make a paste and work it in) and then spray down with vinegar and scrub with an old washcloth. Or, they sell a product called Grout Refresh that is essentially like repainting your grout lines in.
  • Debker

You can put a brush in your drill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DG_X7SOh5Q
  • Ct1156

I live in an apartment built in 1942 and believe me I have grout! Counters, floors, bathroom walls and shower... sigh... Lysol Bleach Free Peroxide Cleaner (sometimes It's called Power and Free or peroxide bathroom cleaner, I think it's just a marketing thing) works wonderfully! Spray it on, let it sit awhile, clean it off. You may need to use a brush or the green side of a scrubber sponge in places if the grout is pretty dirty, but it really cleans, whitens, and sanitizes without bleach, and it's relatively inexpensive. If you can't find it locally Amazon and Wal-Mart have it online
  • Rachel

Bleach works well if it is white, I used to spray mine with bleach then leave overnight for it to work and then rinse the following day x