Asked on Mar 19, 2018

Is there a way to repair a ceiling fan cheaply ?

WilliamSharonSherry Gamble
+6

I have an older one that looks fine except that it has stopped rotating. I hate to throw it away instead of repairing it.

• Itsmemic

google is your friend...UTUBE always has great videos on stuff like this.
  • Teresa

Ceiling fans are so inexpensive, i would replace it myself.
  • You tube or call an electrician. The motors do burn out, and sometimes cheaper to replace than repair - sad but true.
  • Mogie

Ceiling fans start at about $25 so get a new one (one with a remote would rock) and recycle the old one.
  • Mary J Cooper

I think replacing it is the way to go. Unless. You can find some one that can repair it. Cheap, it would probaly be cheaper to,replace
  • Sherry Gamble

i had a ceiling fan that didn’t rotate on all the speeds but I continued to use it on the one speed that worked. before long, the motor burned out and left a scorched place on the ceiling from the heat of the electrical short. It scared me to think it could have started a fire. REMOVE the fan and replace it with a new one. if your house burns, you will have to buy more than a fan.
  • Sharon

You can pick up used ones very cheap at thrift stores cause most people are getting rid of them.

Replace it! If it doesn't spin at any speed the motor finally gave out.