Super Easy Concrete Bowl DIY

$2

Hey! I'm Julian and this is my first ever filmed project. It's about how to make a easy concrete bowl for home decoration.

Have fun watching/reading how to make it and visit/subscribe my YouTube channel "Julian Do It" for more projects.
Preparation: Get all the tools and materials (full list in Youtube Video description)
super easy concrete bowl diy, mix concrete
mix concrete
Mix the concrete mix with water (The packaging gives instructions whats the best amount of water). Use some household oil and spread at the inside of the outer mold.
super easy concrete bowl diy, pour concrete
pour concrete
Pour concrete mix in form and smooth out the surface
super easy concrete bowl diy, prepare inner mold
prepare inner mold
In case you also take a old plastic plant pot for inner mold make sure to close all holes where the concrete could leak through. I used tape for that.
super easy concrete bowl diy, add weight
add weight
Put the inner mold in the center of your concrete mix and add weight. This way it can't float and stays in position. Vibrate the mold very well after. This removes air bubbles and makes the concrete stronger. It can be done by hand or with a tool. If you own a vibrating sanding machine you can use it to vibrate the mold for example ( without sanding paper ;)
super easy concrete bowl diy, remove mold
remove mold
Wait for the concrete to cure. Most mixes take about 24 to 48 hours to cure. Remove the molds but be careful not to break the concrete. I also used a rubber hammer to get the bowl out of the mold.
super easy concrete bowl diy, Final
Final
Finally it's done and if you like you can put a concrete sealer on your new bowl or color it for example.

I hope to see you soon on my Youtube Channel http://www.YouTube.com/c/JulianDoIt

Thank you very much for watching/reading and have fun with your new homemade designer bowl.

Julian Did It ;)

• Sandra young

Enjoyed video.Can a person put holes in bottom of pot's for water to drain off of roots,so plant roots won't be sitting in water?

• Julian Do It

Yes sure, just put something the size your hole needs to be in the mold. You just have to fix it somehow so it won’t float away ;)

If you need some inspiration, I got 3 videos where I make concrete planters on my YouTube channel. :)

• Cindy

If I want to use this project as a mini fire pit/bowl...would I need to put the sealer on it? Great project...can't wait to try this! Thanks for the idea!!!

• Julian Do It

Hey, i think the sealer would be gone quickly by the heat. For using it this way I would use a concrete mix that can handle heat. There're special mixes for that. :)

• Corrine

Would the newly cured concrete be caustic to plants if something were planted in it? Should a sealer be used in that case?

• Julian Do It

I’ve been reading about a pretty high ph level of concrete, so if the plant doesn’t like it i would go with a sealer.

• Dl.5660408

Beautiful bowl; I can think of so many things it could be used for too!

• E

This was a great video - simple and nice results. If you in California I'd pay you to make several for me. Thanks!