My Big Yellow House Gets Character

When we moved into the Big Yellow House, the previous owners had done nothing more to the outside than mow, there was no landscaping whatsoever. Little by little we have made flower beds, added a fence, shutters, and some screen doors to name a few things. Neighbors tell me they love the changes to it and I do too.
This is what the house looked like when we bought it. You can see how it got it's name, lol.
We just kind of randomly set plants and pots and decor around that we brought with us when we moved.
The following spring I knew I needed something more and started planning flower beds.
Still have a ways to go in this picture. Living on a budget let's you take things slowly, it's all one day at a time or one month at a time and maybe even years later. It's also probably why everything around here evolves again and again.
This was taken in the summer, looks like the beginning of summer because the roses haven't taken over yet.
I have plans for the walkway around the border of the bed, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You can see we also had the fence up by this time. The screen door came from a 100 year old farm house, I left it in the same condition I picked it up in.
Around fall the mums were blooming like crazy
And at Christmas time, I didn't have a "plain" house as a backdrop for Christmas decor any longer.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 153 comments
Next