Jeff
Jeff
  • Phoenix, AZ
Asked on Mar 20, 2018

What is an effective way to deter woodpeckers from drilling holes?

Hector E. LaheraMarge CadieuxSusan krom
+3

• Sharon

I had a house where there were a lot of those Flicker woodpeckers who pecked on my house up by the soffits. I finally outfoxed them by installing 1/4" hardware screen all along the top using small cable fastners. Finally got some peace and quiet.
  • Pat Russell

Assume you mean "house"? If so, you need an exterminator as there must be something the woodpeckers are eating.
  • Susan krom

I have a cedar house and it is the wood they are attracted to. Nothing else there-they go up and down the moldings. I don't know how to rid them either.
  • Marge Cadieux

they are looking for bugs to eat.Hang suet blocks up and they will eat them.
  • Hector E. Lahera

One came early every morning to drill the side of our house in Pollock Pines, CA. I'd awake, kneel on the bed, removed the window screen, stick my head out below him, and yelled, "Scram!" And so until the next morning.