Carey
Carey
  • Washtucna, WA
Asked on Mar 20, 2018

I have a Plastic lap tray, What glue to use to repair?

Nancy TurnerDmo7794662Mogie
+4

This tray has a vinyl base that has come loose from the table on one side spilling out the little beads (styrofoam). I need to regale it but have no idea what glue would be the best solution. Couldn't seem to get a picture of it.

• Janice

I would first try Gorilla Glue. It's available at most stores like Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. Read the label first to be sure it is right to be used on your plastic. You may have to use rubber bands or some type of clips or clamps to keep the two pieces together while it dries. It usually works very well, if not then you may need to use super glue. :)
    • Carey

Thank you Janice. I did find some Gorilla glue and I will try that.
  • Christel

Gorilla Glue, Super Glue or if those don’t work I’d use my hot glue gun. Good luck! 😃
    • Carey

Thank you Christel! I did find some Gorilla glue so I will try that and I do have a hot glue gun so I will give that a try if the first doesn't work.
  • Mogie

JB Weld should work also.
  • Dmo7794662

Agree, nothing like gorilla glue
  • Nancy Turner

The vinyl should have a cloth backing, which the gorilla glue can do with no problem. If the plastic is slippery where the vinyl needs to be put back on, sand it a little to give the glue something to hold on to. Clamp or put something heavy on it to keep it secure until it dries, put some wax paper between the vinyl and what you use to weigh it down.