Asked on Mar 21, 2018

Can you use watercolors in white House paint?

WendyV SmithLamar Havard
+3

I have a full can of white indoor house paint I want to change the color....can I crush watercolors paint to make colored paint and how would I do it

• Landsharkinnc

uh, doubt that it would be successful --- you might try a small amount ( say 1/2 cup of paint) I'd think it would work for craft work, but not for a large project - would be hard to get the color consistent
  • Rut15636818

blimey ..i play all the time with anything to hand...how much water colour paint do you have to make "that difference" though? Also be prepared that it might not "hold" the colour over time. I'd fine grind that hard paint to fine dust and dilute with minimum water first more into a paste and then add the white to the colour paste....to your taste...you may have a combined quantity.... enough say for an accent wall....mural sections...depending on the quantity of water colour that is..and your vision of what you want.
    I always test first at the mixing experimental stage ...some materials simply won't mix..Have Fun Spliff let your imagination run Free! x
  • Gwen Kurth

Take your paint to paint store they can add color.
  • Lamar Havard

'Spliff'...Hee-HEE! Haven't heard that term since...uhh...can't remember...{8>P
  • V Smith

You can tint/color it with artist acrylic paints, but I don't know about water colors. It is helpful if you have a mixing rod that can be inserted in to your power drill and then into a can of paint. It makes short work of incorporating color.
  • Wendy

Good luck!