Asked on Mar 21, 2018

Looking for kitchen lighting suggestions

KenJanet Pizaro

I have a small kitchen with two side by side fluodescent flush mounted lights almost 4 feet apart. At the one end of the lights I have mounted a black wrought iron pot rack (perpendicular). The pot wrack is centered over one end of my free standing counter which is shaped at a 45 degree angle. Could you suggest replacement lighting that looks attractive, isn’t fluorescent and won’t make my kitchen look overcrowded?

photo?
  • Ken

Quite a wish list there D. Since I cannot see your kitchen, don't know why you dislike fluorescent lighting, and have no idea why or if you think it is overcrowded now, your best bet is to check out Pinterest. Try different search terms to find a look that you can envision in your kitchen. Everything there has links so you can find advice and materials to accomplish your transformation.

Just a caution, the Pinterest site is designed to help you search and jumps to conclusions making it frustratingly difficult to navigate. Lots of pop-ups demanding information you may not want to give, like connection to other social media sites. Keep with it because there is a lot of good stuff there.