2018 Spring Home Tour - My Home

$0
12 Months

I am so excited to be kicking of the 2018 Spring Home Tour. All week long you will be inspired by 30 of your favorite bloggers that are opening the doors to their homes to share their Spring Decor.

If you have been following along you know we have been in our home just a little over a year, and we are still in the process of renovations and room makeovers. It takes a while for a house to tell you what it needs and how it will best work for your family. Ours has been a real trial and error in the decorating department. I am constantly moving furniture around, but I think we are getting close to what is going to work best. I can't wait to show you around.
2018 spring home tour my home
As I said, I am constantly moving furniture around trying to find the best arrangement for our needs.  This white chair was in our master bedroom, but I think it looks so much better here in the living room.  It opens up the space and gives the room a light and airy feel.
2018 spring home tour my home
This isn't a large space and since I LOVE our wood pieces (they are sentimental favorites) then having something lighter really opens up the room.  I previously had a gorgeous leather tufted chair here and it was beautiful, but the brown leather and brown furniture really created a dark hole.  You can see that arrangement  here.
2018 spring home tour my home

I love tulips and the color yellow, so I thought they were both perfect for Spring and to keep things light and bright.
2018 spring home tour my home
The dining area is one of my favorite spaces in this room.  I love how it is nestled at the base of the stairs.  Again I kept the soft grays with my favorite yellow tulips and a lot of gold.
2018 spring home tour my home
Each place setting is set with a different Fabrege Egg plate.  Perfect for our Easter dinner.
2018 spring home tour my home
Let's go into the kitchen next. My frenchy pig is a staple in the kitchen so I thought a few more yellow accents were in order.
2018 spring home tour my home
Not a big kitchen, but I think it is big on style.
2018 spring home tour my home
The adjoining breakfast area is where we love to gather as a family.  My harvest table fits this space beautifully and gets a few yellow accessories too.
2018 spring home tour my home
The family room is on the other side of the kitchen.  This is still very much a work in progress.
2018 spring home tour my home
I kept grays and soft camel colors in here to go with the flow of the house.
2018 spring home tour my home
The new gray console  TV table rounds out the room.  Still chairs to recover and furniture to refinish, but it is coming along.
2018 spring home tour my home
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the tour. This house is slowly but surely becoming home.

• None
  • None

Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life

• Son11425183

beautiful home...love your colour choices and table scapes.

• Eroque022810

I must say that your home is beautiful, but I wonder if it's only you who lives their or are there any men who for some reason don't put things back where they belong and this look only lasted one afternoon?😂 I'm sorry but it's just that I have men in my house and trust me I brought them up right but their father, well sometimes I think he must have been raised by a pack of wolves, because he just doesn't get keeping the house the way I put it and my adult sons started following his lead when I went back to work,unfortunately those formative years and so all they heard from him was leave it their I'll take care of it,which he did he just never paid attention to where things go. Anyway trust me I'm super jealous of your gorgeous home and I sure hope you can enjoy this clean organized comfy bright beautiful home for a long time. And I love that you move things from one room to another,so many people are stuck in that we'll they bought it for a certain room so they leave it in their until they die when it could look better some place else.