Sally
Sally
Asked on Mar 22, 2018

Does anyone have recipe for organic spray to rid my tomato plants of

Daniel D BrewerWendyCarolyn Walston
+7

aphids, tomato worms, my rose gets ate up with all kinds off insects, too many to describe.

Thanks, Sally

• Jobeth Wolf

I use a spray bottle of water and some Dawn. Works for all the pests you mentioned.
    • Sally

Hi Jobeth, I must have the meanest bugs on earth, they just bathe in that, doesn't do much good, but thanks for your feedback. Sally
  • Rose Shoestock

Buy ladybugs at any garden supply store.
  • Sharon

Oh I saw an interesting newsreport on Portlands rose gardens, and the gardeners put garlic cloves in the garden sprayer with water, let it age a bit, and spray the roses with the mix..... claim it repels all types of bugs. They said the smell disapates in an hour.
  • Nancy Turner

Neem oil is something that works real well on a lot of insects that like to invade anything green. They do say not to spray it on flowers if at all possible, but I have not had a problem with that, it didn't hurt hibiscus flowers that get damaged really easy if they get sprayed with liquid. As far as I know it is not a poison that will hurt anything.
  • Carolyn Walston

Put some Epson Salt around the plant at the root, yes that’s right I said Epson Salt. Also I‘m not so sure if it’s organic or not but it does make Beautiful Tomatoe. My Husband puts it on like when rain is in the Forecast or not. Either way it works great. 😊
    • Sally

You know Carolyn, I've heard of that, it has magnesium in it, I'll give it a try, Thanks a bunch, Sally
  • Wendy

Good luck- let us know how it goes!
  • Daniel D Brewer

In a blender mix garlic and red pepper with water. add enough water to make about a quart. Let sit for a few days. Strain through a fine screen . Use the resulting mixture with a few drops of dish wash soap. ( the soap helps the mixture stick to the plant) Spray on plants.