Asked on Mar 22, 2018

How to paint a purple room white?

AmandaDianacirce70Holly Kinchlea-Brown
+3

My daughter room is purple (medium dark), we want to paint it light color (tan). Do I need to used a white primer and then paint it tan with primer?

Use a primer to cover the purple.It may need more than one coat .
  • Sharon

One coat of primer and two coats of paint should do the trick. Just make sure to buy a quality name brand of paint.
  • Shedog

Two coats of Killz II will do the trick. I covered navy blue and a neon green.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown

If you get a good quality paint and primer in one, you should be able to cover with just a couple of coats....we’ve had really good luck with Behr (Home Depot) my brother swears by valspar (Lowe’s)
  • Dianacirce70

We used a coat of killz and two coats of our color to cover up brilliant primary blue my daughter chose to paint her room.
  • Amanda

Hello. I have had to paint a navy blue wall. I did have to prime it. Then I used a latex paint that was supposed to have primer in it and only required one coat, but I did have to do 2 coats.