Mysugardumplincouture
Mysugardumplincouture
  • United States

Table Makeover

$12
Advanced

Check out what I did to an old wooden table that I got for free! I decided to stain it, but look at how I did it! I think it looks great!
table makeover
First the table had to be stripped and sanded of the old finish.
table makeover
Second, I picked out the image I wanted to stain on the table. Using a black and white photo or a sketch is best so you can determine where to “shade” with your stain.
table makeover
I began by hand drawing the image on to my table with pencil but if you’re not artistic you can use an overhead projector if you have one and trace the outline onto the table. Other options are using an image transfer or stencil.
table makeover
Once your outline is on your table you fill in the dark areas with stain to create your image. The results are breathtaking. Once it is shaded and outlined to your satisfaction, seal with your choice of lacquer.

I am so happy with how mine turned out and be happy for you to give it a try!

• Mary Coakley

Did the stencil.tell you.where to.use light and.shade.Thanks

• Rid21511486

This is truly stunning. How do you know where to put the dark stain and the lighter highlights? Did you use all one colour stain? My mind is racing with the possibilities I just have to learn the techniques 😀

• Jul21559352

What kind of stripper did you use?

• Gruber

Nice

• Vicki Platt

I love this so much I want my husband to do this for me. He used to draw me roses like this all the time