Our Basement Spare Bedroom Makeover

$500

We moved into our house about a year and a half ago. We have been working on redoing everything on the main level and 2nd floor of our house, but haven't really focused much on the basement at all.

Here's what the basement bedroom looked like "before".

Now that most of our projects are done upstairs, we decided to shift our focus to the basement, so it would coordinate with the rest of our house. We started with our spare bedroom in the basement. It had been sadly neglected and in serious need of some TLC!

The shower curtain closet ALWAYS drove me nuts. It’s something I’ve wanted to fix since the day we moved in, but never got around to it…. until now!

The first thing we did was decide on the paint colors. We knew we wanted it some shade of gray, to keep it neutral. We ultimately decided on Sherwin-Williams Intellectual Gray, and I’m so happy with our choice.

I picked up the  cutest coverlet and shams from West Elm, to replace the old, dark hand-me-down comforter we had on the bed before. Between the new paint and the new bedding, the room was already brighter, crisper and cleaner!

The window in the bedroom, to me, was a huge eyesore. The glass blocks felt very cold. We added some white trim to the window, and some bamboo shades to warm up the space a bit. I think it makes a world of difference!

We ditched the shower curtain and added REAL closet doors to the closet. It made me SO happy!

We purchased the dresser from Ikea, and ordered this  letter board from Amazon.

While we were painting our spare bedroom, we decided to keep going and paint the entire basement! We gave some character to the family room area of our basement by adding a chair rail (whew! What a job)! But, it’s DONE and I’m so excited to show you all the rest of our basement project in my next blog post… coming soon!

For more details on this room, be sure to click the link below!

• 2 inch window casing (trim)  (Lowe's)
  • Bamboo Shades (Lowe's will cut them down to size for you!)  (Lowe's)
  • Paint  (Sherwin-Williams)

The Cofran Home