How do I stop the rain/water from gathering against my house?

+9
  • Do you have gutters? If not, that would be a start. Then after things dry out, I would regrade the areas around the house to slope away from the house and install French drains if necessary. You might want to have a consult with contractor to see what else they might suggest.
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Mar 22, 2018
    you need to change how the area around your house is graded. Sounds like the house doesn't allow run-off. Read this article, it may help https://www.basementsystems.com/company/news-and-events/19416-3-ways-to-stop-water-from-pooling-around-foundation-walls.html
  • Rl06898607 Rl06898607 on Mar 22, 2018
    I had an issue with standing water in the spring and fall against the back side of my house. I dug down about 12 inches and put down landscape fabric then put a couple of inches of 3/4 crushed stone. On top of that put the flexible drainage pipe with the holes in it. Then I put more fabric on top and filled the rest in with more 3/4 stone. I had a small spot at the furthest end of the house where excess water could drain across the grass although there never was much. Most just leeched in to the ground. I never had the standing water again. It was a weekend project and cheap to do. good luck
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 22, 2018
    Dig a trench around your property and fill it with gravel to give some drainage.
  • Daniel D Brewer Daniel D Brewer on Mar 22, 2018
    slope your yard away from the house, extend the down spouts away from the house, divert any runoff from the yard/ driveway away from the house.
  • Charlotte Erickson Charlotte Erickson on Mar 22, 2018
    Best way to stop the gathering is landscaping. Make sure is slopes away from the foundation. Be sure to have your rain gutters with long extensions that take the water away from the house.
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Mar 23, 2018
    Do you have gutters installed?