Asked on Mar 23, 2018

What kind of flooring is best for bathroom? Vinyl? Tile?

RoChubby58DORLIS
+7

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown

I prefer tile as it looks more high end, but yet can be done affordable. You can also put floor heating under the tile, not sure you can do that with vinyl
  • LIRR1926

DIY or pay a contractor? There are peel and stick tiles that look good and are not expensive if cost is an issue.
  • Jsm7695697

I’ve had both and I think tile it’s easier to keep clean and lasts longer.

• Pam LoCoco

If you're not set on either tile or vinyl, consider painting what you have. I painted my 80's era vinyl over a year ago and it's holding up beautifully. 1. Sand lightly 2. clean, clean and clean again 3. Paint with two coats of floor paint. 4. finish with coat of polyurethane sealer. I now have a slate grey floor with some texture from the vinyl. I'm very happy with it.
  • Laura Cooper

Peel and stick are pretty, but not waterproof. I like tile, but it can be cold. Sheet vinyl is inexpensive and waterproof, but not quite as appealing, yet warmer. Cost is also a factor. If you like the look of wood, there are beautiful tiles now that look exactly like wood. This is a nice option with a warmer appearance, but all the benefits of tile.
  • DORLIS

When we built our house, we put quarry tile everywhere except bedrooms. When I was in school in Mexico,k I learned it is so much easier to clean and if water gets on the floor, just mop it up.
  • Chubby58

Vinyl has improved since back in the day. Get a good quality vinyl that will last.
  • Ro

Tile for sure