Ann
Ann
  • United States

DIY Scrapwood Farmhouse Bed

$75

This project was born of necessity.

Two of our littles shared a bedroom, complete with bunk beds. It was time to separate them, so we demolished the bunk bed. While we were hopeful that we could just hack them in half, it didn’t work out that way. In the end, we were left with a pile of wood.

After some trial and error, I came up with a plan for two bed frames, complete with headboards and footboards.

diy scrapwood farmhouse bed
First, I made the frame for the headboard.  The footboard is also constructed the same way.
diy scrapwood farmhouse bed
Next, I attached the slats.  Mine is a little different, as I had to rip lumber down.  I realize that not everyone is going to have to/be able to rip their lumber down, so I based the plans off of normal 1X4’s you can purchase at any lumber yard.  But you get the idea from my photo below, of how they are attached to the frame.  The footboard is constructed in the same manner as well.
diy scrapwood farmhouse bed
I screwed the side rails directly onto the bottom 2X6 that is attached to the headboard and footboards:
Honestly, I did not get a picture of the side rails being attached.  I was literally holding the side rails with my feet while I attached them to the head and foot.
diy scrapwood farmhouse bed
And here is the finished bed! Check out www.hooksandhammers.com to downloadable plans for this project!

• 4 - 2X6X8  (Lowes)
  • 3- 1X4X8  (Lowes)
  • 1 - Box of 1 1/4" Screws  (Lowes)
Ann