DIY Oil Sharpie Quote Tea Pot {Gift Idea}

Want a customized gift for Mother's Day - how about a DIY {oil} sharpie quote tea pot... pick your favourite (or Mom's fave) quotes, sayings, or verses and make her a special tea pot full of inspiration
diy oil sharpie quote tea pot gift idea, crafts, repurposing upcycling
I wrote at different angles to add interest. You don't have to do black and white- oil sharpies come in a myriad of colors.
Start with an ordinary and inexpensive tea pot that I picked up at Walmart for about $9.
Use OIL base sharpie paint pens if you want it to last... sketch or write to your heart's content.... I bought mine at Michael's.
Bake it to seal it...
Mom - or any recipient of your gift- can read over their favourite quotes while they sit and enjoy their cuppa tea.
Krista @ thehappyhousie

• Sus10812243

how long to bake and at what temperature?- awesome teapot that I want to copy!
  • Penny

Thanks for this Wonderful idea, and information about oil based sharpie, but would love to know how long do I bake it for ? and at what temperature? Please 😊
  • Margarita Reed

Beak it ?? What temperature and for how long?

• Susan

Very cool! Years ago, I used a gold sharpie to do the fine trim on the railing of our porch. It worked beautifully!

• Carey

I had a special plate that I gave to someone at each family get together, it was the Honor Plate. Before we ate or after the dishes we done, I had them sign their name and date it. It has been a very nice memory through the years. I used a Gold paint pen for that! I did wash it by hand however.