DIY Oil Sharpie Quote Tea Pot {Gift Idea}

Want a customized gift for Mother's Day - how about a DIY {oil} sharpie quote tea pot... pick your favourite (or Mom's fave) quotes, sayings, or verses and make her a special tea pot full of inspiration
I wrote at different angles to add interest. You don't have to do black and white- oil sharpies come in a myriad of colors.
Start with an ordinary and inexpensive tea pot that I picked up at Walmart for about $9.
Use OIL base sharpie paint pens if you want it to last... sketch or write to your heart's content.... I bought mine at Michael's.
Bake it to seal it...
Mom - or any recipient of your gift- can read over their favourite quotes while they sit and enjoy their cuppa tea.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Krista @ thehappyhousie

• Penny
    Penny

Thanks for this Wonderful idea, and information about oil based sharpie, but would love to know how long do I bake it for ? and at what temperature? Please 😊
  • Margarita Reed
    Margarita Reed

Beak it ?? What temperature and for how long?

• Lyn
    Lyn

I did this on a plate when I retired. One coworker didn't get to sign. If I bake it, & have her sign later, can I bake it again? It's been 3 years, and I'm afraid to wait much longer. I'd also like to do this as a family tree, but as more babies are born, more names will need to be added.

• Carey
    Carey

I had a special plate that I gave to someone at each family get together, it was the Honor Plate. Before we ate or after the dishes we done, I had them sign their name and date it. It has been a very nice memory through the years. I used a Gold paint pen for that! I did wash it by hand however.

• Sondra Suter Ray
    Sondra Suter Ray

Can I do this with a old metal tea pot?