Paint wallpaper

+5
  • Carol Thomas Carol Thomas on Mar 24, 2018
    I would never try that. Although it may appear to be glued tight, the moisture from the paint will loosen the seams and edges. Another thing to consider is if you later decide to remove it, it will be a nightmare.

• Just because you can does not mean you should. I never ever do, as it will be harder to remove down the line. You will end up with a more professional end result if you remove the wallpaper first.

• Diana Moos Diana Moos on Mar 24, 2018
    My daughter painted flocked wallpaper and it looks great
  • Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Mar 24, 2018
    I have painted over Wallpaper numerous times, it can loosen up in places while the paint is wet. But as the paint dries all the loose spit’s tighten up back to the wall again no problems! It may make it a little harder to remove the wallpaper later, but with a steamer you can still remove it alright. At least I haven’t had any troubles yet?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 24, 2018
    this is not a recommended practice...down the road be create more of a headache do it right the first time and remove it
  • Christel Christel on Mar 25, 2018
    If it's existing wallpaper, I wouldn't recommend painting over it. I did and ended up with areas where the wallpaper underneath bubbled up or peeled off the wall. If you need to remove the wallpaper, use DIF, it works great. My neighbor used a steamer and she loved the results.
  • Ginny Ginny on Mar 25, 2018
    Don't. Remove paper, prime walls and then paint. Previous owner of my home painted over paper and it was a mess to remove paper and then paint to get back to original wallboard.