Yina Brown
Yina Brown
  • United States

ORGANIZED PANTRY USING IKEA CONTAINERS AND BASKETS

$200

As a family of two living in a 1,400 sq. ft. house, we feel blessed to have at least a 24″x32″ pantry. Learn how I maximize the space in my pantry with Ikea containers like Korken, 365+ and the Gabbig baskets.
organized pantry using ikea containers and baskets
I started this project by converting a bi-fold door into a swing one. I thought it would be a great idea for the pantry to gain those few extra inches in the opening. The conversion was super easy. I just added 4 brackets to the back of the door and a magnet on top to be able to close it.
This was before.
I created a “pantry” sign with a picture frame I already had, a black sheet of craft paper and I hand wrote the letters with awater based paint white sharpie.
I also added a hook to hang my apron.
I wanted to labeled them but all the tutorials. I found an easy way to do it…using water based paint white sharpie!
All you have to do is hand write on the jars. I love the sharpie because the paint resists daily touching without peeling off, but it comes off easily if I use a scrub.
I decided to purchase 9 baskets to be able to store the items by category—e.g., breads, breakfast items, snacks, chips, canned food, etc.
I added labels that I hung with some twine to make sure we remembered where everything was stored.
I also hung the Closet Maid 2 Tier Wall Rack on the left wall to add extra storage. I was able to fit all the glass jars on the wall and leave the shelves for baskets only. Put the baskets inside and enjoy your new organized pantry.

Yina Brown

• Hf831581229

My husband told me I couldn’t change out to a swinging door without changing the whole casing.(not just the door). Was he telling me the truth or just trying to get out of a weekend project? I wonder ....

• Angi

Nice!! Where did you get the wine holder?

• Susie Milefchik

Nice job on organizing the space you have. I'm wondering why you don't hang your beautiful pantry sign on the outside of the door? There aren't any pictures of the door closed so maybe there is something else on the outside, but at any rate, I love the pantry sign.

• Felicia

I was thinking the same thing. Sign on outside of door.