Michelle Hamill
Michelle Hamill
  • Missouri City, MO

Curbside Find - Swing

A town near us has big trash week twice a year, once for spring cleaning and once for fall cleaning. I always find myself driving around town during these times to see what treasures I can find. My last big treasure was a boring swing and I think it fits my yard perfectly.
curbside find swing, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
This is the swing how we found it. The metal was green and the canvas seat was blue canvas. After giving it a good scrubbing, I decided to paint it!
I painted the entire swing with regular old spray paint. I then used a round sponge and latex paint to sponge the polka dots on with. Better huh? We have an annual parade here once a year and the Shriner ladies always sit at my house to watch and have a swing while they are here :)

• Michelle Hamill

About 3 years ago now. It sits out there in sun and rain and snow and ice. It still looks good! I didn't do anything special to it. I normally use rustoleum or Valspar spray paints but this one was plain old rustoleum. Nothing special. And thanks and good luck! Let me know when you do, I'd love to see it!

• Julie Collier

Very cute. I recently rescued a dining chair from the curb side trash. Painted it with Rust-oleum Universal Metallic paint & primer in one. Oiled Rubbed Bronze The whole chair, frame & mesh that was the back & seat. Turned out wonderful. I gave it to my mother in law. She thought I bought it brand new just for her. She was shocked when I told her it was a rescue & paint. Creating NEW with just a little paint & imagination. What more can u ask.

• Michelle Hamill

@Julie Collier Exactly! I love when people compliment something that was pulled from the trash!