Asked on Mar 25, 2018

Suggestions on how to repair these cracks?

ShoshanaLaura CooperCarol Thomas
+5

These cracks happened gradually over time. I would Like to repair them even if it’s just temporary or for a short duration. Welcoming any suggestion and step by step instruction.

Thank you.🙂
Chipped by visitor’s luggage.
2) chipped
might be loss of soil support underneath. ? Maybe smooth out the “step” caused?
?use Flex product?
  • Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

I can't tell from the picture what surface these cracks are in. I like DIY videos on You Tube for help. You can also call your local college extension. They call their experts in the field you are interested in, then the expert calls you.
    I usually doesn't take long for them to call back.
  • Mogie
    Mogie

Picture is very hard to see. What surface are the cracks in?
  • Carol Thomas
    Carol Thomas

The 3rd picture does look like the soil has washed out from under, causing that large cracking. Concrete is difficult to make a thin repair that will last. Most of my experience with Flex, is the fact that it never matches. To me it is little better than looking at the cracked spot, because my eyes are always drawn to it.
    As Grandmasue10 suggested, You Tube is a great source of information and ideas, plus you can see how it looks when other people try different solutions.
  • Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

For a proper repair where the soil is washed out you can have it mud-jacked and fill with an elastomeric crack fill for concrete. I can't see what's happening in the other pics.
  • Shoshana
    Shoshana

Looks like a crack that you can repair with quikrete. I would check that out at your local hardware store